Count nouns are nouns that you can count. They can be singular or plural.
- book, apple, computer, pen, glass, table, window, house… anything you can count!
- The books are piled on the table.
- I love collecting pens and notebooks.
- She always buys apples every week.
Non-count nouns are nouns that cannot be counted, nouns that are impossible to count or nouns that are not usually being counted. They do not have a plural form.
- water, sand, sugar, furniture, air, meat and so on
- People need oxygen to live.
- Water is good for the body.
- I like coffee with sugar and cream.
You can make non-count nouns countable by putting counters before them.
- a glass of, a spoon of, a box of, a kilo of and so on
- It is advisable to drink eight glasses of water everyday to keep the body healthy.
- She usually puts two teaspoons of sugar in her coffee.
- I buy a box of milk everyday.
- Mom needs to cook a kilo of meat for supper.